Saturday, December 02, 2017

A Pistil Shadow





The 'anatomy' of a hibiscus flower brings back a childhood memory. These flowers are, of course, everywhere here in Hawaii and certainly in our yard. The memory is one of my older brother, Robert telling me what all the parts of the hibiscus flower were. He had pulled a flower off of a plant and took it apart to tell me what each part was. He still does things like this today, but now they are of more complex subjects and I just have to look at him and laugh and remind him that I will not, on any certain terms, remember any of what he is trying to teach me!


The pistils of the flowers always make for nice shadows, don't you think?

Join us as a group of us (yes-there are many of us!) from around the world post our shadow shots over at Shadow Shot Sunday 2. Entertain your muse and be amused by stopping by to see what others have posted!

3 comments:

colleen said...

Which pistil is which. Two?

Rajesh said...

Very pretty flower.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I love the way you zeroed in on the hibiscus.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin